Clearing the Mailwasher box......

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
Dhobiwallette
It begins with a single step

Clearing the Mailwasher box......

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:30 am

I am female. I am not a techie.
I am a serious fan of Mailwasher, have been for as long as I've known about it.....almost since the beginning.

Have just bought new PC, running Windows 7 [ugh! but I Can and Will Learn] and new lifetime Mailwasher Pro 2011 - Thank you, Marcus, Nick and the gang.

Only one thing.... mail comes in, MW and I decide what's good and what's not, press Wash, mail goes to LiveMail intray..... and yet the green ones, the 'goodies' stay on the mailwasher screen. Go to Help, find that 'C' will clean the window, and it does.

Return to Mailwasher a few minutes later.................And There They Are - ALL back again. What am I not doing.... or doing wrong? :oops: :help
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Clearing the Mailwasher box......

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:01 am

You (and a zillion others) have been bitten by the stupid decision to set the default in Windows Live Mail to leave messages on your server forever. Aside from looking ugly and slow in MW at some point your mailbox will fill up and you won't get any new mail. There is a setting to tell the Windows Live Mail to remove messages from the server once it has collected them. Not sure where it is but it has been mentioned here a few times.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?p=46329#p46329
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
jpowva
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 am

I have the same problem now with Outlook 2010. MW 6 always cleared the inbox list the next time email was checked after the good emails were downloaded to the mail program from the server. Why are previously downloaded emails re-appearing in the MW inbox after they have been downloaded in Outlook?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 am

See this post. MW has never cleared the mail off the server, that is the responsibility of the e-mail program. Once the mail program had done the clearing MW will remove the messages that are no longer on the server from the grid at its next mailcheck.
stan_qaz wrote:You (and a zillion others) have been bitten by the stupid decision to set the default in Windows Live Mail to leave messages on your server forever. Aside from looking ugly and slow in MW at some point your mailbox will fill up and you won't get any new mail. There is a setting to tell the Windows Live Mail to remove messages from the server once it has collected them. Not sure where it is but it has been mentioned here a few times.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?p=46329#p46329
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
jpowva
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:37 pm

What we are saying is that the email list in MW is not being cleared after doing what is explained. I checked my server for saved mail after downloading good mail after Washing the inbox. The server does not have any saved mail, yet in MW 2011, the list of emails still displays on subsequent mail checks. In previous versions of MW 6, the list normally clears on the next check if those mails are not on the server, as you indicate. The email list will not clear without selecting all and deleting manually. This seems to be a set up problem we are not finding the solution for, or a quirk in the MW 2011, or is intentional, or is a conflict with Win 7 and MW. Ever since installing Win 7, 64 bit, MW has not worked well, either previous version or new 2011.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 am

Have a look at this link. It may clarify things.

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 347#p48058
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
jpowva
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 am

Found it! New Outlook 2010 installation has the "Save on server" automatically checked within the setup. A little more navigating required to find it.
Within Outlook, must go to the accounts setup option, select the account, choose change, and then go to the advanced tab which then shows the checked box to save a copy on the server. The server does not show any saved emails once downloaded, but guess the MW finds them.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “General Tech. Help”