GreaseMonkey

Computer problems not related to MailWasher or other Firetrust programs getting you down. Put the geeks to the test by asking about your problem here.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

GreaseMonkey

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Seriously, where have I been not realising this was around and could do all the neat things I wanted done to specifically alter web pages.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greasemonkey

One of my little tasks finding counterfeit websites has just been improved about 10 times faster.....just thinking about all those crappy hours spent copying/pasting and clicking into new browser windows until my hands cramped up....urgh
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: GreaseMonkey

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:53 am

I loaded it but haven't had time to do much with it, my first goal is to kill auto-refresh on several sites I visit. They like it because it bumps up their ad revenue and page-view count.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:52 am

I do a lot of Reverse IP lookups on DomainTools, but all the sites that get returned are linked to DomainTools pages, I would have to copy-paste URLs to see the site, now that I've rewritten it so those URLs take me straight to the page.....makes life much simpler :)
Ikeb
Microsoft MVP with a slice of PITA

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:35 am

I installed it because some other extension required it. I've never used it for anything else.

Return to “General Tech. Help”