Purchase and start date license activation

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Auguste
Travelling Tuatara

Purchase and start date license activation

Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Hello

If I buy my license now I lose 14 days. I am therefore obliged to buy the last day.

Why not be able to purchase a license and that it is enabled when you put the rather than it be enabled from the purchase?

"License start date:
The period of the license begins from the purchase of the license key, not when it is entered in to the software or activated". :?
Sorry for my English but I translate French/English by Google or Bing.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Purchase and start date license activation

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:02 am

Are you talking about a renewal? I expect that you would get full value for a renewal, though I can't guarantee it.

Also, if you want to post in French, you can always use the Aide française forum.
Windows 10
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 am

Auguste wrote:Hello

If I buy my license now I lose 14 days. I am therefore obliged to buy the last day.

Why not be able to purchase a license and that it is enabled when you put the rather than it be enabled from the purchase?

"License start date:
The period of the license begins from the purchase of the license key, not when it is entered in to the software or activated". :?
If you wish to "Renew" your MWP 2011 license then do it from "Help", Registration, Renew. That should extend your current one. No need to buy a new one unless you are currently using the old version 6.(X). In that case then you must buy a new license for MWP 2011 as it is a new product and not an upgrade.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:34 am

Further details/instructions for "renewing" MWP 2011 here:
http://www.firetrust.com/products/mailw ... r-pro-2011
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:56 am

If you wish to use the new MWP 2011 you can download the new version and you have 30 days before you must register the product.
Auguste
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:48 pm

Hello,

@ ataraxie
Thank you for your answer but this forum is more active than the French forum.

@Sidewinder
This is a renewal for MWP 2011.
Thanks for the link, I will do as you have indicated. I renew 2 days before the end of the subscription to see if the remaining days are really taken into account.
Sorry for my English but I translate French/English by Google or Bing.
NBAfan99
It begins with a single step

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:59 am

I think the whole concept of annual licenses for this is a rip-off. In fact it's technically renting an email client. It's an email client for crying out loud. Not some corporate network monitor. I've reinstalled v6.5.4.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 am

NBAfan99 wrote:I think the whole concept of annual licenses for this is a rip-off. In fact it's technically renting an email client. It's an email client for crying out loud. Not some corporate network monitor. I've reinstalled v6.5.4.
It's not an email client! It is a mailbox filtering application.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:24 am

NBAfan99 wrote:I think the whole concept of annual licenses for this is a rip-off. In fact it's technically renting an email client. It's an email client for crying out loud. Not some corporate network monitor. I've reinstalled v6.5.4.
It's your system that you are putting at risk with "old technology", good luck with that.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:52 am

Quick question.
Do you get up and go to work and work for free?
If not then why would think that the Firetrust employees would/should do that?
jbk
Mystified Moa

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I've gone back over my emails and, to be honest, I had no idea that when I upgraded I went from purchasing WMP to merely renting it for a year! I was perfectly happy with the old version but upgraded because it didn't cost much and to support the developer. If I'd known I was changing to an annual sub I'd have stuck with the old (perfectly good for me) version. None of the advertising blurb I received mentioned this change, or at least not obviously, which makes it seem a bit underhanded to me - something I did not expect from Furetrust. :no
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 pm

jbk wrote:I've gone back over my emails and, to be honest, I had no idea that when I upgraded I went from purchasing WMP to merely renting it for a year! I was perfectly happy with the old version but upgraded because it didn't cost much and to support the developer. If I'd known I was changing to an annual sub I'd have stuck with the old (perfectly good for me) version. None of the advertising blurb I received mentioned this change, or at least not obviously, which makes it seem a bit underhanded to me - something I did not expect from Furetrust. :no
Clearly spelled out "License: License to install on 2 computers, i.e. a single users desktop and laptop. Includes 1 years use of all new versions, updates, real-time spam blocking and customer support for use with 2 computers. Current required renewal is US$19.95"
on the FT web site. Also the license agreement that you had to "accept".
jbk
Mystified Moa

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 am

I'm not saying the information wasn't there, jut that it wasn't prominent enough for my tastes with such a major shift in purchasing/subscription. I based my decision to upgrade (and support the team) based purely on this email, I really didn't see the need to read about new features blah-de-blah as I was already happy with the product -

--

MailWasherPro 2010 released!
Re-styled, re-written and vastly improved, it's what you've been asking for.
MailWasher Pro 2010 is finally here!

You'll find everything looks and works much better, plus big improvements to the way MailWasher catches spam and how you use it. Have a browse of the what's new page for an in-depth overview of changes made, some useful info and the download link.

Here's what some users are already saying -
"Downloaded and purchased - wow!! Love it and love the auto update feature."
"You guys have delivered. The new version is a huge improvement!"
"The new version is way better than the last!"
Due to the scale of this development, there is a small $US10 (or equivalent in your currency) purchase fee. To show our appreciation for your support you'll get an additional free license to use or give away! Please note that this is a limited time offer so don't delay!

If you have any questions, check out the common questions about MailWasher Pro 2010 before contacting our support team.

We hope you enjoy all the new features and improvements.

Many Thanks,

Nick Bolton
and the team at Firetrust.com

--

Note that NO mention is made of the annual fee. Indeed the fact it DOES mention the $10 upgrade fee and specifically FAILS to mention the annual fee is the sort of thing I'm talking about - it gives the impression that the $10 is the only cost. Yes, I'm sure if I'd dug deeper, actually read the T&Cs, etc, then I'd have found the info... my point is purely that it could have, and should have, been mentioned in that email IMHO.

Anyway, uninstalling current version, going back to 6.5 and stopping recommending the product... no major hardship, just a touch annoying. :D
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:58 am

jbk wrote:IAnyway, uninstalling current version, going back to 6.5 and stopping recommending the product... no major hardship, just a touch annoying. :D
My suggestion would be as follows: (1) Remember that the old version is "capped" and will not be enhanced in any way. (2) The new version is using much better technology to do the job (3) FT has in the past offered a "lifetime" license for this product. It was recently withdrawn for the time being. If this is of interest to you the you may want to try one of FT's affiliates or resellers to see if they currently have any lifetime licenses left in inventory or wait until the next promo from FT.
jbk
Mystified Moa

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 am

Sidewinder wrote:My suggestion would be as follows: (1) Remember that the old version is "capped" and will not be enhanced in any way. (2) The new version is using much better technology to do the job (3) FT has in the past offered a "lifetime" license for this product. It was recently withdrawn for the time being. If this is of interest to you the you may want to try one of FT's affiliates or resellers to see if they currently have any lifetime licenses left in inventory or wait until the next promo from FT.
Cheers. Option (1) will be fine for me - as mentioned in a previous post 6.5 did what I needed it to - I really only upgraded to support the devs but am not prepared to do so on a recurring basis when I object to the way it was done, and when I don't need any of the extra features of the later product.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”