Purchase and start date license activation

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Re: Purchase and start date license activation

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:17 am

Two questions:

First —
If you wish to "Renew" your MWP 2011 license then do it from "Help", Registration, Renew.
(Sidewinder)

That link doesn't work from my copy of MailWasher. I already had Firefox open, but no new tab opened when I clicked on the Renew button. I clicked it several times. Nada. No IE window opened, either. Is this a bug or a problem specific to my copy? I'm using MW Pro 2011 version 1.2.0.

Second —
I seem to recall from earlier forum discussions that the annual subscription fee was going to be kept low at $10. When I log-in to my user Dashboard page, it shows the invoice for my last purchase as $10 for two licenses. Now the price is $20 for one license, but the new single license is good for 3 machines. Did something change?

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 am

Spurred On wrote:Two questions:

First —
If you wish to "Renew" your MWP 2011 license then do it from "Help", Registration, Renew.
(Sidewinder)

That link doesn't work from my copy of MailWasher. I already had Firefox open, but no new tab opened when I clicked on the Renew button. I clicked it several times. Nada. No IE window opened, either. Is this a bug or a problem specific to my copy? I'm using MW Pro 2011 version 1.2.0.

Second —
I seem to recall from earlier forum discussions that the annual subscription fee was going to be kept low at $10. When I log-in to my user Dashboard page, it shows the invoice for my last purchase as $10 for two licenses. Now the price is $20 for one license, but the new single license is good for 3 machines. Did something change?

Tony
First: My guess would be that your security software is blocking the URL load request. Mine works fine. You might want to look at which browser you have set as the Default. While I use Firefox for my routine browsing I leave IE set as the default and when I click on the button it opens a new tab in IE.

Second: FT recently announced a price increase for the annual renewal.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 am

Thanks for your reply Sidewinder.
your security software is blocking the URL load request
I'm not sure about that. If I click on links in the MailWasher Preview window they open fine in Firefox. However, if the problem's just something specific to my set-up, I'll tinker with settings a bit before I copy in my new license and the pop-up window with the link no longer pops up. Then I'll have to wait for a year to try to sort it out again.
FT recently announced a price increase for the annual renewal.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 am

Spurred On wrote:Thanks for your reply Sidewinder.
your security software is blocking the URL load request
I'm not sure about that. If I click on links in the MailWasher Preview window they open fine in Firefox. However, if the problem's just something specific to my set-up, I'll tinker with settings a bit before I copy in my new license and the pop-up window with the link no longer pops up. Then I'll have to wait for a year to try to sort it out again.
FT recently announced a price increase for the annual renewal.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Tony
Alternative from the FT web site:

"Alternatively, you can login via https://secure.firetrust.com/user and enter your email address and password (if you don't know your password, request it via the option on the same page) and then proceed to the 'Your Products' tab. "
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 am

@ Spurred On

If your running W7 then check the settings here:

Control Panel, Default Programs, Set Program Access and Computer Defaults.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am

Thanks Sidewinder. I've already gone through the alternative User log-in process, which was simple enough to use. I'll be okay for a year.

Tony
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 am

Spurred On wrote:Thanks Sidewinder. I've already gone through the alternative User log-in process, which was simple enough to use. I'll be okay for a year.

Tony
You may still want to check out the settings that I indicated in my prior post. It is not only which program but also if access is allowed.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:09 am

Howdy Sidewinder,

Well, I thought I was done, but not quite. Now I can't get MailWasher to acknowledge my license renewal. Same window pops up still telling me my license has expired. MailWasher was supposed to verify my reactivated license automatically. If it could previously ascertain that my license was about to expire in one day and subsequently that it had expired, then it should be able to ascertain that my license is now active. If my security settings allowed MailWasher to alert me that my license was about to expire, then those same settings should allow MailWasher to access my account now.

Yesterday you said,
My guess would be that your security software is blocking the URL load request. Mine works fine.
What security software? I haven't set my anitivirus program to block any sites specifically. It does block sites based on it's virus signature database, but Firetrust sites open normally. Perhaps some setting in Firefox — a cookie setting? The sites firetrust.com, secure.firetrust.com, and forum.firetrust.com are set to accept cookies in Firefox. Is there another site I need to add for license verification?
You might want to look at which browser you have set as the Default.
Have you tried setting Firefox as your default browser? Maybe my problem is with using Firefox rather than using IE. Or does MailWasher automatically use IE, and there is a cookie blocking problem in IE?

I did not try to renew until after I installed MW Pro 2011 version 1.2.0, As clicking on the Renew button opens no page in any browser, is there a conflict with the new version?

If I log-in to my Firetrust User account, it shows my primary key as active, so that is not the problem.

Tony
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:01 am

Curiously, this afternoon MailWasher started working again (after many attempts throughout the morning and early afternoon). The pop-up window is not popping up, and MailWasher is working normally. However, if I click on Register, the same old pop-up window opens showing my license inactive, needing to be renewed.

Very strange.

Also of note, if I open the Help menu and click on the Support forums link in the the pop-up window, the link opens in a new Firefox tab, so I know there are no security setting issues with that link.

Again — very strange.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:39 am

Spurred On wrote:Curiously, this afternoon MailWasher started working again (after many attempts throughout the morning and early afternoon). The pop-up window is not popping up, and MailWasher is working normally. However, if I click on Register, the same old pop-up window opens showing my license inactive, needing to be renewed.

Very strange.

Also of note, if I open the Help menu and click on the Support forums link in the the pop-up window, the link opens in a new Firefox tab, so I know there are no security setting issues with that link.

Again — very strange.
Did you check this:
http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 344#p56118
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:44 am

@SpurredOn

You might also try this (if you have your registration number):
"Try going Help >> Common Files >> delete the file called key.file then restart MailWasher. Once you restart re-enter your licence under Help >> Registration...hopefully that kicks it into life."
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:45 am

@SpurredOn

Curios now that is started working what does the web site show when you go there manually outside of MWP???

Also the validity check from MWP most likely only happens once per day so that may explain why is resumed working.
Spurred On
Student Sheep

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:39 pm

Thanks for your replies Sidewinder. It's a moot point now — my key shows as activated 'til this time next year. I think my clicking on the button that linked to the support forums kinda kicked MW awake. I'll probably never know.

I also emailed Firetrust support about the problem today, and their suggestion was the same as your workaround above about deleting the key file and reentering the license key after restarting MW. Didn't have to do that, though, as by the time I read your and their replies MW had started working properly all by itself.

Also in their response was the following:
And yes, sorry about that, this is a problem we are working on now.
Actually that was comforting. Now I don't feel like a complete incompetent. And the reply from tech support was very quick. Makes me feel like the money I paid for a new license was well spent.

Thanks for all your help. If I find out any info about the cause or the cure (a patch or a version update?), I'll post it here.
Auguste
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Sidewinder wrote:
Auguste wrote:Hello

If I buy my license now I lose 14 days. I am therefore obliged to buy the last day.

Why not be able to purchase a license and that it is enabled when you put the rather than it be enabled from the purchase?

"License start date:
The period of the license begins from the purchase of the license key, not when it is entered in to the software or activated". :?
If you wish to "Renew" your MWP 2011 license then do it from "Help", Registration, Renew. That should extend your current one. No need to buy a new one unless you are currently using the old version 6.(X). In that case then you must buy a new license for MWP 2011 as it is a new product and not an upgrade.
Hello

I renewed my license via "renew" and indeed the date is the same, I have not lost days and license number has not changed.

Thank you
Sorry for my English but I translate French/English by Google or Bing.
neuron2
Mystified Moa

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:46 am

Sidewinder wrote:Clearly spelled out "License: License to install on 2 computers, i.e. a single users desktop and laptop. Includes 1 years use of all new versions, updates, real-time spam blocking and customer support for use with 2 computers.
No, it's not clear. It says "use of all new versions..." I was never informed that my paid for software (the one I bought, not a subsequent new version) would be DISABLED. This is a rip-off pure and simple. Firetrust should be ashamed of themselves, and I hope they go down in flames.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”