Friend or Foe ???

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
oldfart987
It begins with a single step

Friend or Foe ???

Tue May 22, 2012 3:20 am

Hi everyone,
My IQ is the size of a peanut, when it comes to using emails, I downloaded mailwasher because, i keep getting spam emails, but they or he/she, is using my wife's email address, so i had to put her address on the blacklist. Naturally, my dear wife was not impressed. :cry: I have checked the origin of both IP addresses and they are different. My question is; Can mailwasher detect which IP address is good and which is bad? So i can return my wifes email address to the friends box??? All suggestions welcome except for divorce :bow
many thanks Oldfart987
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Friend or Foe ???

Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 am

oldfart987 wrote:Hi everyone,
My question is; Can mailwasher detect which IP address is good and which is bad?
Nope, auditing by IP is anyways an exercise in futility - some people like me use dynamic IPs (I, myself have 500 IPs.) :(

oldfart987 wrote:Hi everyone,
So i can return my wifes email address to the friends box??? All suggestions welcome except for divorce :bow
many thanks Oldfart987
You'll find your answer at the following thread:-

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... =+spoofing :thumbsup
MWP 7 (ßeta) | Windows 10 Pro (1903) | The Bat! Professional (ßeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (ßeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (ßeta) | NVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | Internet Connection Speed (4G USB tethering — VoLTE) | .NET Framework (4.8)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 am

Does your wife's email address use formal name in front of the actual email address e.g. Jane Doe <xxxxx@mail.net>? If so don't use the Friends or Blacklist but set up a Filter to mark the Good and flag the others for review.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 pm

oldfart987 wrote:All suggestions welcome except for divorce :bow
many thanks Oldfart987
Firstly, delete your wife's email ID (let's presume it's ayn_rand@hotmail.com) from the Friend's List and Blacklist, as well — by navigating to Settings >>----> Spam Tools >>----> Friends List. This ensures that even if her email ID is spoofed or her system probably compromised, the offending email ID (ayn_rand@hotmail.com) per se gets effectively flagged as SPAM.

Next, you need to create a new rule to filter and safeguard her (case-sensitive full name + email address) as it actually appears, for example: (Ayn Rand <ayn_rand@hotmail.com>). Please use brevity and remember text case does matter just as also does space.

Navigate to Settings >>----> Spam Tools >>----> Filters >>----> Add Filter >>----> use the following figure which is just an example for (Ayn Rand <ayn_rand@hotmail.com>) to create the filter as per (your wife's full name + email address) as appearing under her email headers:—
Filter.png
?-i:From: Ayn Rand <ayn_rand@hotmail\.com>
Filter.png (269.38 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Filter_Priority.png
It's most IMPORTANT to re-order your filters as per the figure, above.
Filter_Priority.png (57.38 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
[/center]
MWP 7 (ßeta) | Windows 10 Pro (1903) | The Bat! Professional (ßeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (ßeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (ßeta) | NVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | Internet Connection Speed (4G USB tethering — VoLTE) | .NET Framework (4.8)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”