Need to tweak error message for POP port

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
michaelkenward
Guardian Gecko

Need to tweak error message for POP port

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 am

My import of one of the accounts failed with this error:

This is probably related to the fact that SSL isn't "turned on" yet.

If that will not be an issue in the final version, then the enigmatic error message is probably irrelevant. But in general error messages should be as clear as possible. In this case, it is only my guess, based on Nick's note, that this is an SSL error

Apart from that, the installation went smoothly. The accounts synch works well, apart from this error.

If these new MailWasher accounts for Android are a run up to yet another business model, with an annual subscription to keep the account, then you are going to have to be very careful in how you present it, especially to people like me who have bought a "lifetime" version of PRO. It does not take much to upset customers who are used to one approach and have to change to something unfamiliar.

I don't see why this should be a free service. I'm just flagging up an issue.
MK
MW Pro 7.5.0 Lifetime licence.
Android 1.4 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4

Windows 10 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e AHCI SSD + Corsair 16GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz Memory
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Need to tweak error message for POP port

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 am

Yes, it's an error related to that fact that SSL is not yet supported.

Regarding licensing, at the moment we're thinking it will be free for one account, possibly with some limitations. Multiple accounts and all features will be free if you have an existing Mailwasher Pro license key.
michaelkenward
Guardian Gecko

Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 am

OK. So, we can forget about the error because, I assume, you don't plan to launch without SSL.

I would charge for the app. Nothing outrageous. A few $.

But what about us lifetime buyers? I went down that road because I don't like "rent ware" for something that is not a service. (I am happy to pay for Roboform to maintain an on-line database for me.)

How many users are there without "an existing MailWasher Pro license key"? Is that even possible?

In other words, I am confused. Not difficult.
MK
MW Pro 7.5.0 Lifetime licence.
Android 1.4 on Asus Nexus 7 and LG Nexus 4

Windows 10 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI-e AHCI SSD + Corsair 16GB DDR4 Red Vengeance LPX 2400MHz Memory
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:07 am

Yes, we'll have SSL in there soon.

This is actually a hosted service, so if people have a Mailwasher subscription then they'll get it for free because they're already paying us an annual sub. People without an existing MW Pro license key - that's the rest of the world :)
Not sure about the lifetime license key holders - would be nice to recoup some ongoing hosting costs for this, but it may be negligible based on the numbers.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”