Why doesn't blacklist mean blacklist?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
nickeaston
Student Sheep

Why doesn't blacklist mean blacklist?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 am

As a 'volume' user of MWPro, receiving several hundred emails/day, the vast majority unwanted, I'm wondering why my "blacklist" category is seldom permanent and many (several dozen) emails have to daily be 'renewed' as blacklisted.

Is it possible to tweak my Settings to increase the accuracy and longevity of blacklisting?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Why doesn't blacklist mean blacklist?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 am

It has been a long time since I used version 5 or 6 of MW but I'm pretty sure you can set an expire time or never expire in the blacklist settings.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:22 am

nickeaston wrote:Is it possible to tweak my Settings to increase the accuracy and longevity of blacklisting?
I can upload some screenshots to guide you how to increase the longevity - alas, in the modern times the blacklist has outgrown it's relevance and effectiveness. :thumbsdown
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
nickeaston
Student Sheep

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:43 am

Running the blacklist scoring factor up (or down) to -200 gives me absolute control of my daily blacklisting...suits my needs perfectly.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 am

nickeaston wrote:Running the blacklist scoring factor up (or down) to -200 gives me absolute control of my daily blacklisting...suits my needs perfectly.
I can see that quite vividly in your opening post, here. :devil
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
nickeaston
Student Sheep

Re: Checking my washed mail by smartphone

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:18 am

Now that my blacklisting is under control, it would be nice if my inbox could be periodically forwarded to a mail account accessible by cellphone...

My email client is Windows Live Mail...I wonder if Andy Android has an app that can access WLM. I am an unhappy iPhone user but would switch in an instant if I could read my email remotely.

I don't see an auto-wash feature in the MWP options, so maybe I'm too far off in left field...
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:14 am

Look for the Auto-Delete option on the individual spam tools and the option to delete any message scoring too many points under the "spam ratings" tab.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”