Filter to completely ignore unwanted e-mails

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Derichleau
Rattled Rabbit

Filter to completely ignore unwanted e-mails

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:13 am

I've been using Mailwasher for many years but I've yet to find a way to completely ignore unwanted e-mails. For example, I have a filter to automatically hide/delete all e-mails sent from rocketmail.com but the deleted e-mails still show up in the recycle bin. Is there a way to completely ignore all rocketmail.com e-mails so it appears as if I've never received anything from rocketmail.com - unless I have a specific rocketmail.com e-mail address in my friends list?

If I could get this to work then I would add most of the web-based e-mail companies: Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc, to a filter and I would then be oblivious to web-based spam as the only web-based e-mail that I would receive would be from my friends list.

The issue then is that I want the option not to show deleted items in the recycle bin. Thanks!
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Filter to completely ignore unwanted e-mails

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 am

Change the retention time on the recycle bin to 0 days and they will go away quicker.

I'm not sure why having them appear in the recycle bin is an issue since it is automatically cleaned of older messages on a daily basis.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Derichleau
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 am

Thanks for your advice but your suggestion would negate the ability to recover deleted e-mails.

Ideally there should be an option on the blacklist functionality to not show any e-mails at all from a particular e-mail or domain unless it's from a friend. The whole purpose of blacklisting something is because you're not interested so why should it show up in the recycle bin where I still have to view it when I check for deleted items. And that's the issue... I still regularly go through the stuff in the recycle bin just in case an e-mail has been deleted by mistake. So I still have to wade through all those deleted Rocketmail, Hotmail and Yahoo e-mails while checking for e-mails that have been deleted by mistake. If these blacklisted e-mails didn't show up in the recycle bin then it would make life easier.

If there was an option to completely hide all blacklisted e-mails then I would find that useful.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:27 am

Derichleau wrote:Ideally there should be an option on the blacklist functionality to not show any e-mails at all from a particular e-mail or domain unless it's from a friend.
The Blacklisting feature has outlived its usefulness in recent times as most Spammers now use spoofed email addresses.

Derichleau wrote:If there was an option to completely hide all blacklisted e-mails then I would find that useful.
FWIW, the option to hide undesirable emails is available on only the later MWP 20xx editions - the V6 that you're using is no longer being developed (we've all upgraded to the newer MWP 20xx edition.)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 pm

TrustFire wrote: FWIW, the option to hide undesirable emails is available on only the later MWP 20xx editions - the V6 that you're using is no longer being developed (we've all upgraded to the newer MWP 20xx edition.)
I'm not sure that the 201X versions let you hide things in the recycle bin, I thought that only worked in the mail grid. I don't have a Windows system running to check that in 2012 so I can't confirm it.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 pm

As far as MWP 20xx is concerned, the 'Recycle Bin' is the last place to be even taken into consideration before designing a filter; when the objective is simply to hide undesirable mails. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”