Shouldn't the mail disappear?

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
pyanaman
Mystified Moa

Shouldn't the mail disappear?

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 pm

My Mailasher Pro 6.5.4 is working fine... apart from one little 'wrinkle'. OK, so I 'Check Mail', bin what I don't want then 'Process Mail'. This fires up Outlook Express and there is my mail. so far so good. The next time I fire up Mailwasher, the preceding mail that I had sent to Outlook is still there and I have to send them to the Recycle Bin.
I'm pretty sure that prior to my XP reinstall mail that had been forwarded on to OE is then automatically deleted from MW.
Am I right? ... and if so, how do I get it back the way it was?
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Shouldn't the mail disappear?

Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am

pyanaman wrote:I'm pretty sure that prior to my XP reinstall mail that had been forwarded on to OE is then automatically deleted from MW.
Am I right? ...
Nope that's not true MWP does not have the capability to forward emails - it can only take a look at the mails on the server, then download or delete them as per your command/config.

pyanaman wrote:how do I get it back the way it was?
What seems to be happening is; before MWP can delete the unwanted e-mails on the mail-server, Outlook Express is already downloading them into your inbox.

It's recommended to do a manual Send/Receive through Outlook Express only after you complete your operations through MWP. To prevent your Outlook Express from performing an auto mail check, you may want to configure it as follows:-
Outlook_Express_Options.gif
Outlook_Express_Options.gif (21.29 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”