Connection errors after new router installed

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
USAOz
Student Sheep

Connection errors after new router installed

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:27 pm

I had to replace much of my electronic equipment - including my ADSL wireless router - after a direct hit with lightning on our building.

The router successfully connects to the internet and my web pages and, from Outlook 2010 directly, to my email account.

However, when trying to access my email account via MailWasher Pro, I now get very frequent errors. IF and when the email DOES load and I click wash, the error is ALWAYS generated but Outlook opens but downloads ALL mail - including those ticked for the Recycle Bin. the error log shows the error as 'Failure to login to POP3 server' despite the server details being correct!

Why is this happening only after the router was installed and how do I stop the error and get correct, normal MailWasher Pro functioning back to what it was earlier today with the old router.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Connection errors after new router installed

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 am

No ideas about fixing the router issue since MW doesn't really interact with the router in any way. It is likely that your connection to the Internet is failing and any momentary connection glitch interrupts the connection with the mail server.

You can fix the problems with the wash failures by turning off the launch of your mail program once the wash has finished, it is in the MW options settings.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”