Mail is not removed from MailWasher Pro after a Wash

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
USAOz
Student Sheep

Mail is not removed from MailWasher Pro after a Wash

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Mailwasher Pro 6 used to remove messages after a Wash then downloading into Outlook 2010, then checking mail again (the downloaded messages were then removed).

This has only happened after a new router was installed but I fail to see why that would change anything in how MailWasher Pro 6 handles messages!

Any ideas as to how to restore MWP6 to original functioning state?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Mail is not removed from MailWasher Pro after a Wash

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Not a MW problem, the remove downloaded messages is an Outlook function. Check your setting for "Leave mail on server" and unselect that option.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Pierre
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Use this screen shot. It may help.
Outlook 2010 settings.jpg
Outlook 2010 settings.jpg (142.57 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

I am only a ßeta Tester and getting older as well.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Check out the step-by-step tutorial on Microsoft Outlook at the following link:-

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6cb#p74278 :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
USAOz
Student Sheep

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks to you all! IT WAS the issue of messages being left on the server. I previously had that deselected in Outlook but when Telstra took remote control and set up a new mail directory (unwanted) yesterday, I failed to notice they had not deselected the leave message on server option!. All fixed now! Thanks heaps guys!
NannyMoo
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I have just re-joined MWP as we had purchased a new computer and was confusing downloading all the old stuff. So I deleted the old MWP and have now installed the new MWP. I just love this program, have been a devoted user for about 12 years now. BUT, as I am a golden oldie, I cannot fathom how to get rid of the mail after it has been washed, other than to delete it myself. There has to be a way around this. I am using Windows Live Mail as my mail account. It does not have the screen shot above, so I cannot untick the "leave a copy on your server'. Any suggestions are gratefully received!

Cheers

NannyMoo
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:40 pm

NannyMoo wrote:I am using Windows Live Mail as my mail account. It does not have the screen shot above, so I cannot untick the "leave a copy on your server'.
The above screenshot belongs to Outlook — hence, it won't resemble your Windows Live Mail options.

NannyMoo wrote:Any suggestions are gratefully received!

Cheers

NannyMoo
Check out the the graphical illustration at the following link to configure your Windows Live mail server:—
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”