imap vodafone and mailwasher

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
lynchie
Rattled Rabbit

imap vodafone and mailwasher

Thu May 30, 2013 7:34 pm

i have been using mail-washer pro for several years. i am currently experimenting with imap which vodafone allows.

i love the fact that when i reply to people out on the road, i see the reply when i get home on my imap configured accounts.

however i am not too sure about bringing my main accounts over to IMAP, because mailwasher does not get the chance to screen them, i cannot bounce them back as such. with pop3 i see the headers and bounce/delete away before using send and receive on my email program which is emclient.

or, even though IMAP pushes the data into emclient (and therefore mailwasher's equivalent imap accounts), can i still bounce and delete on mailwasher because technically the emails are still on the server??

also, the list of emails on mailwasher will become huge very quick because emails are still on server.
if i change emclient to download messages for offline viewing, i definitely will not get a chance to use mailwashers delete and bounce function.

any ideas appreciated. i have seen similar matters to this raised on this forum and can't quite get my head around the answers.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: imap vodafone and mailwasher

Fri May 31, 2013 2:29 am

If you use IMAP in emclient then you can continue to use MailWasher as you are using it now.

emclient will see the spam, but you can still review all your mail and delete the unwanted stuff in MailWasher. If you then update emclient the spam will disappear.

I'd start with a single account, or maybe set up an account to test with, just so you can see how it all works.

Note that MailWasher supports IMAP if you wanted to do that.
Windows 10
lynchie
Rattled Rabbit

Re: imap vodafone and mailwasher

Fri May 31, 2013 6:26 pm

ok ta

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”