MNWP not flashing intaskbar

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
esseco
Mystified Moa

MNWP not flashing intaskbar

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi,
I have just joined the forum and need some advice please.

The MWP icon in the taskbar no longer flashes when a new message arrives.
How can I fix this please.

Thanks,
Di
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: MNWP not flashing intaskbar

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Blinking.png
Blinking.png (60.52 KiB) Viewed 7311 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
esseco
Mystified Moa

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks for the advice Wise Weta, but that doesn't work - I have rebooted the computer after trying your suggestion, closed MW and restarted it, had friends send me emails for a test and it still doesn't work.

I had this problem back in Sept 2011 and was advised to do the following:

Re the notification problem, yes, sometimes the Mailwasher Pro learning gets corrupted because of a bad shutdown and can cause this problem, resetting it should fix it though.

(NOTE: after doing this, you wont be able to restore any previously deleted emails, only ones you delete after doing the below will be restore-able)

Open Mailwasher Pro and click, Help>>About, click the blue underlined link to the, data directory folder near the bottom of the screen that pops up.

Minimise the folder that opens,

Click OK to close the help>>about screen,

Click File>>Exit to close Mailwasher Pro, (very important or your changes will not work)

Maxamise the folder that you minimised earlier and delete the "Trash.rot135" file and the "Training" Folder.

Close the folder and restart Mailwasher Pro.

How did that go?
--

Jeremy Clark :. Firetrust Support
firetrust INTERNET SECURITY
Christchurch, New Zealand
www.firetrust.com

I tried this and it worked. I tried doing this again today a few times and I keep on getting the following messages:

Error deleting file or folder.
Cannot delete Training archive - junk.rot135: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.
And the other one reads:
Cannot delete Trash: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

Is there another way around this please.

Thanks again for your help.

Di
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:26 pm

esseco wrote:Error deleting file or folder.
Cannot delete Training archive - junk.rot135: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.
And the other one reads:
Cannot delete Trash: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again.

Is there another way around this please.

Thanks again for your help.

Di
I'd suggest shutting down your MWP completely and then using UnLocker to delete any stubborn files.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
esseco
Mystified Moa

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 am

Thanks TrustFire, I have got my little blinking icon back -via UnLocker.

Cheers,
Di
esseco
Mystified Moa

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:15 am

Oops, that should read Wise Weta I need to thank.

Di
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:19 am

:devil :thumbsup

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”