Mobile login gone astray..

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Mobile login gone astray..

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:51 am

Not sure whether my issue is due to the new version coming out:
:arrow: Haven't had a working internet-connection for the last three weeks, during my holiday in rural Ireland (had a great time, can advise this to anyone! :D ).. :arrow: Yesterday on the ferry home, I had WIFI, so I tried to check and wash my mail for the first time in three weeks but.. MWP gave a login- error!! :facepalm Completely according to Murpheys law: Just when I needed it most.. :rant :rant

Justnow installed the new update: same problem. My account-name apparently is not recognized, so logically resetting passwrd does not work either. :thumbsdown :barf Might be a server-problem. Looks like creating a new account is my only option. Will await Nicks advise on this one..
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Mobile login gone astray..

Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Rob

I can't find it sorry. At the moment we do have an automated system to clear out old accounts, but I don't think it should have done it in your case (i'll need to check logs with developers). Can you re-sign up and re-sync your accounts and see if you get a duplicate account message? I don't know what your username is, so I searched for your email address and couldn't find it.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Ahhh... That must be it: your automated system probably "thought" my account was hardly used... Now that you mention it: I remember having received an "account expired" mssge around July 10th, when I finally found WI-FI during our holiday in Ireland. Didn't take serious notice of that, as Internet in Ireland is anything but reliable; forgot all about it until now. If this is the culprit, you may consider setting the system somewhat less strict.. :roll:

FYI: I've got a prepaid phone, where I need to buy a separate data bundle. Which I normally don't as I'm usually well within reach of WI-FI, plus: the bundle expires after a certain amount of time, whether I've used my data or not. Moreover: this data-bundle does not apply when abroad. So on my holidays I need to find a WI-FI access-point if I want to check my mail.
MWP FAQ
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Just re-created my account in MWP, using exactly the same credentials and synced. Logged in on MWM; all seems to work OK again. :thumbsup :think Must have been your clean- up program that didn't like me... :cry
MWP FAQ
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 am

Right, good to know. I think we'll need to extend this for holidaying types :)
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:12 am

Hmmm... :think I like that... Holidaying type... that's me allright! :mrgreen: :agree :cheers
MWP FAQ

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”