Account expired

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Re: Account expired

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:25 am

Synched again with MWP and it's now back in MWM. This is about the fourth time it's dropped in the last couple of months. Sorry I don't have the exact dates to help in diagnosis.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:40 am

It's actually still in our system. Perhaps the app died or are you getting a different message?
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:29 am

No. THe app is still on the iPad. The problem occurs in one of two ways. The most usual is that "Charter" (my only email account) doesn't appear in the heading and dragging on "No Emails" yields nothing. When I tap on where "Charter" should appear, I'm taken to the account setup routine. When I attempt the set up the account, I get the message that either the userid or password are invalid. They aren't. In the other instance, "Charter" appears in the heading, but I have the "No Emails" message. When I drag on it, the message remains. When I tap on Charter in the heading, I'm told that there's no account and end up in the new account setup routine. Again get the invalid userid/password message. The only way I've been able to add the account to MWM is to do a synch with MWP.
Carl Heinz
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:45 am

Have you tried deleting the app from the Ipad completely and then doing a fresh install?

Also just another thought how close are you to your memory capacity on the IPad. The ITune program on the PC give you a look. I also have an app installed on the IPad called ActMonitor that provides excellent info.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 am

I haven't. Are we to use the version in the Apple App Store? I'm unot sure if that's the latest version. I got tired of moving up the iPad chain and the Air is the 128G wifi version. I'm nwhere close to capacity. I will take a look at ActMonitor, but I've got several other diagnostic apps already.
Carl Heinz
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:11 am

I find that I already have ActMonitor. It presently shows a total of 976MB with 219MB wired, 498MB active, 200MB inactive and 55.3MB free.
Carl Heinz
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:58 am

cfheinz wrote:I haven't. Are we to use the version in the Apple App Store? I'm unot sure if that's the latest version. I got tired of moving up the iPad chain and the Air is the 128G wifi version. I'm nwhere close to capacity. I will take a look at ActMonitor, but I've got several other diagnostic apps already.
1.4 is the version that is in the store and on my IPad and is the latest as far as I know. (Just confirmed that via Itunes) It show 1.4 in the what's new info.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Did this just start happening with the IPad Air/
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I got the Air within a couple of weeks after it became available, so it would be several weeks before this started to occur. I think I'll hold off deleting and restoring the app until this happens again. At that point I'll delete and restore and attempt to create the account manually to see if the setup problem remains. If it doess, I can restore using an MWP synch.
Carl Heinz
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:35 am

Dropped the Charter account again. Deleted app and copied it back. Was given a temporary password to log into MWM. Changed temporary password to the correct one. Attempt to connect to Charter still returns the invalid userid/password message from ISP although they are correct. I'll attempt a synch with MWP later.
Carl Heinz
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 am

Synch with MWP worked.
Carl Heinz
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:27 am

Looks like it's getting tripped up on the username/password if you got that error - very strange how it's intermittent though
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 am

Sorry I don't have a recommendation or testing alternatives. I'm just reporting the symptoms at this point.
Carl Heinz
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:06 am

A couple of thoughts. I'm guessing that the reason the account goes missing is that the FT servers are where the failure occurs and then drops the account in MWM.

Is it possible that the FT Server access for MWM and your MWP access are either colliding or causing a too frequent access to your account.

Also if you are using the "pipelining" options in MWP you might try turning them off to see if that changes anything.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:54 am

There's a substantial amount of time between using MWM and MWP. Sorry, but I don't know what is meant by pipe lining.
Carl Heinz

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”