MW Mobile version 2.0 beta - Android

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

MW Mobile version 2.0 beta - Android

Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:42 am

Hi Nick,

Guess I'll get the Android party started. I was able to get v2 of MWM to load via the browser just fine. My basic question is, are there plans to all this version to sync with MWP on my computer? I tried to log off MWP and back in using the new MWM credentials and no dice.

I've configured one of my email accounts thus far and all went okay. I noted that on Chrome Desktop, my primary browser, it would not scroll down so I can see all the messages. Chrome and the Stock web browser on my mobile scrolled fine. Have not tested IE11 or IE10 as of yet. If any problems I will advise. Will also be testing this on my Nexus 7 soon.

Question: You're not using OpenSSL on this site or product are you? I am of course referencing the HeartBleed vulnerability.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Version: 4.3
Carrier: Sprint
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: MW Mobile version 2.0 beta - Android

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 am

Hi there.

Yes, we'll definitely be syncing from Mailwasher Pro on the desktop, it's just going to require a new version which we're working on. This new version uses different logins - no more username, just email address and password.

Odd you're having problems with Chrome scrolling as it's working well here and we use it for developing in.

Regarding OpenSSL, we're using an older version which was not vulnerable.
stmiranda
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks for the follow up Nick. Is the New Mail Notification actually suppose to do something? I have it set but not getting any notifications.

I was able to configure my Nexus 7 to use the web app however my email account disappeared, like it was never configured. I checked on my phone and the account is missing there too. Using the same account on both. Logged out and back in and the account is not there. Will work on adding it back.

Steven
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Sure, the notifications are not yet done so we should probably remove that until they're in there.

We did a database update today and had to remove the email accounts, so just add them back in.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Tue May 06, 2014 2:09 am

Howdy Nick,

I've got MWM v1.2 installed on my Samsung. I have not received any notices about new versions, either release or beta, in quite some time, and just found out today about the 2.0 beta.

I read in your notes that there is some progress toward having filters work on 2.0. Will we be able to import or sync with our filters from MW Pro?

Is there any progress toward being able to bounce e-mails from MWM? This action really helps to stop spammers from respamming, but at present I have to wait until I have access to my MW Pro program before I can bounce spams. If I'm away on assignment or on vacation, that may be days or weeks away, which by then doesn't seem like the server bounced them.

Tony

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”