2.0 Downlad for IOS

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

2.0 Downlad for IOS

Fri May 16, 2014 4:46 am

Quess I'm getting slow in my dotage, but when I download 2.0 for IOS, I get a folder labeled "Payload". It contains a folder labeled MailWasher.app. The later contains a file named Mailwasher. What I'm not finding is Mailwasher.ipa.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: 2.0 Downlad for IOS

Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am

Are you using a download manager in Windows? When I click on the link in the new topic it immediately downloads via my browser.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri May 16, 2014 5:55 am

I think you had this last time, the .ipa file is just an archive file like a .zip (if you rename it to .zip you can open it up and see what's inside it). So I think you computer is not associating it with an iTunes file. Perhaps if you go to Control Panel, search for 'File associations' and click on 'Change the file type associated with a file extenstion' , then locate the .ipa type file and change it to iTunes
cfheinz
Guardian Gecko

Fri May 16, 2014 6:25 am

What I found was strange. When I download it, WinZip automatically kicks in. If I close WinZip withour extracting, and move the .zip file from the Download folder to my MailWasher Mobile folder, the file appears as MailWasher-IOS-200.zip. Should I just change the file extension to ".ipa" from ".zip"? Rename it to MailWasher.ipa? It doesn't download as .ipa.

Historically, I've dragged the new .ipa file to Apps in iTunes from where I've downloaded it.
Carl Heinz
Windows XP Pro SP3+, Fortè Agent, iPad Air, MailWasher Beta Tester
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat May 17, 2014 5:38 am

Yes, just change the extension to .ipa or better still for the future, just change the file association as I mentioned

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”