Undelete

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Undelete

Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 am

This morning I accidentally clicked Wash before unticking the Trash box of an email with attachment I didn't want to have deleted. I can see the email in my Trash folder and read it, but I can't figure out how to undelete it. Is there a way to undelete it in MWM so that I can download the email in MailWasher Pro? I was hoping that syncing the trash folder in MWM would accomplish that, but it doesn't. I'm using a Samsung 3 phone running Android,
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Undelete

Thu May 22, 2014 7:25 am

Sorry, there's no way of currently undeleting or restoring the email from the trash. You'll have to ask the sender to resend it
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Thu May 22, 2014 11:14 am

Kinda hoped I'd overlooked a way to recover trash. Thanks for your reply.

Tony
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu May 22, 2014 11:50 am

Sure, we're looking for a way to reliably restore the email. At the moment it wouldn't work reliably as some ISP's would block the sending of it back to your email account.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu May 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Chariott wrote:Kinda hoped I'd overlooked a way to recover trash. Thanks for your reply.

Tony
Remember that all versions of MW only download a small segment of each message from the server and not the complete message. Therefore even if you do a restore the attachment and part of the message would not be there.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Chariott
Travelling Tuatara

Fri May 23, 2014 3:25 am

I appreciate your comments. I was thinking more along the lines of syncing the MWM trash list with the MW Pro recycle list in one direction, adding the MWM list into the Pro list, not bringing all of the Pro list into the MWM app. That would seemingly avoid the ISP issue and allow recovery as is currently available in MW Pro.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Fri May 23, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks for the suggestion, we're only sync'ing one way from pro to mobile at the moment and it wouldn't work for those who don't have Pro, although it might be a good incentive to upgrade :)

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”