Mailwasher Pro 6.3 in Outlook 2013 will not download emails

Whether you're a MailWasher veteran or complete newbie, all users are welcome to get together. Discussions include usage and possible problems.
Kuklapolitan
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher Pro 6.3 in Outlook 2013 will not download emails

Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 am

:help I am having so much trouble since I switched to Windows 8.1 and am now having to use Outlook instead of Outlook Express as my email program through an Office Suite of programs which includes Word, One Note and Outlook 2013. I've tried configuring my account both manually and using the wizard and nothing helps this problem. My mail downloads into MailwasherPro but when I clcik on "Process Mail" it doesn't download into Outlook at all. The two accounts look the same as far as POP info goes but something is wrong somewhere...the same emails keep loading into Mail Washer every day and never fall from the list....I just cannot get rid of them. I looked at the remedy given to another user from 2010 but my Outlook screen doesn't resemble that one so I'm here and asking for help. I have been going crazy for over a month now on one email dilemma after another and a program glitch that doesn't allow me to use MailWasher 6.54. So I rolled back to 6.3, was able to configure my account info and now this problem. HEEELLLPPPP! :facepalm :cry :bow
davews
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Mailwasher Pro 6.3 in Outlook 2013 will not download ema

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:36 pm

First you need to get the right email program configured in Mailwasher. However you can ALWAYS just open Outlook and download your emails, you don't have to open it via Mailwasher. Your second problem is indeed a setting in Outlook to delete mails on server once you have downloaded them.

Outlook and Mailwasher are two totally separate programs, there is no such thing as 'Mailwasher in Outlook'. All the settings you need are in Outlook and nothing whatsoever to do with Mailwasher.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Kuklapolitan wrote:My mail downloads into MailwasherPro but when I clcik on "Process Mail" it doesn't download into Outlook at all.
In case you prefer to run your Outlook automatically and immediately after you Process Mails - you could try re-mapping your 'Microsoft Outlook' path from within MWP through the following:--
  • 'Settings' >>----> 'General Options' >>----> (tick/enable) Launch email application after processing >>----> 'Specify' >>----> 'Use a preconfigured mail client' >>----> (from the drop-down menu,) 'Microsoft Outlook' >>----> 'OK'
(If for some strange reasons 'Microsoft Outlook' is not present in the drop-down menu, you may tick/enable) >>----> 'Specify a mail client command' (and then manually enter either one of the following paths - preferably the first one):-
  • Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE

Code: Select all

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013\Outlook 2013
Please note - the above examples refer to Microsoft Office 2013.

Kuklapolitan wrote:I have been going crazy for over a month now on one email dilemma after another and a program glitch that doesn't allow me to use MailWasher 6.54. So I rolled back to 6.3, was able to configure my account info and now this problem. HEEELLLPPPP! :facepalm :cry :bow
It is highly recommended to upgrade your 6.3 to the latest 6.5.4 which contains many bug-fixes.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Kuklapolitan
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:41 am

In reply to: davews

I have no idea what you're talking about or who it is you are replying to but it isn't my post! I never said there was such a thing as "Mailwasher in Outlook." Furthermore, I never intimated or said that these two programs are co-joined or run together, joined in tandem or in any other way whatsoever. Of course they are two separate programs! I had email long before I ever downloaded and used Mailwasher as my choice for the "go between" program to run interference for me! I've been using Mailwasher Pro for well over 10 years for another email client that Windows no longer supports....Outlook Express. Obviously, I have had to change that email since Windows 8.1 no longer supports Outlook Express. It does support Outlook and that is what I use...in its 2013 incarnation.

Of course I know that I can always open Outlook and download my emails directly from my server and into that program...that is what it has been doing, but why would I wish to bypass a wonderfully protective program such as Mailwasher? That is why I initially downloaded the program so many years ago...to protect me from viruses and scams and unwanted emails before I actually download them from my server, onto my computer and into my email program. If I didn't, that would defeat the purpose of Mailwasher altogether.

It is patently obvious that the emails Mailwasher is picking up from my server are NOT being downloaded into Outlook from Mailwasher! That is why they remain there...because they have NOT been downloaded. Outlook is downloading email directly from my server and bypassing Mailwasher altogether. That is either THE or part of the problem. Also obvious is the fact that there must be a settings problem in one or both programs. I am, however, at a loss to discover what those settings are or what they could or should be. I used the Mailwasher Wizard to detect my email program and configure it. I had also manually configured Mailwasher, but with the same result. I am back to using the wizard and I haven't changed anything in either program. The POP3 server information looks the same in both programs.

It's so nice of you to tell me that "All the settings you need are in Outlook and nothing whatsoever to do with Mailwasher." without telling me which settings you are referring to or where to begin to look for them.

So...that brings me back to the same problem and since you offered no solution, nothing has changed... Thanks!

In reply to: TrustFire

The "re-mapping" settings you highlighted are the settings that already exist under General Options... to the letter!
I cannot use 6.5.4. For some reason the program will not allow me access to anything. I kept getting a "List Index Out of Bounds" error message upon trying to configure it so Jeremy, at Firetrust, suggested I try to roll back to 6.3 which I did and which worked...but now all this!

In all the years I've used this program I have never had a problem with it....not once! I purchase a new computer with a new O/S and have to change my email client and all hell has broken loose here. I will try, once again to download and use 6.5.4 and will get back to you on it's success or failure!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:22 am

Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance. :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Kuklapolitan
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am

TrustFire...

No, 6.5.4 does not and will not work for whatever reasons and I have gone back to using 6.3. I'm getting the same message as I did before about the List index error, so nothing can be configured as long as that error persists. There is simply nothing else I can do.

Judging by your last reply, I believe you may have misunderstood me. The remedy you provided with regard to going through settings & general options was not necessary. Those very settings were already present, so nothing needed to be changed. I'm still having the same problems so if that''s your only thought....it hasn't worked. If you have another idea I'd be more than happy to try it!

Thanks!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:41 pm

Kuklapolitan wrote:My mail downloads into MailwasherPro but when I clcik on "Process Mail" it doesn't download into Outlook at all. The two accounts look the same as far as POP info goes but something is wrong somewhere...
Kuklapolitan wrote:. . . . . . the same emails keep loading into Mail Washer every day and never fall from the list....I just cannot get rid of them.
Kuklapolitan wrote:TrustFire...

No, 6.5.4 does not and will not work for whatever reasons and I have gone back to using 6.3. I'm getting the same message as I did before about the List index error, so nothing can be configured as long as that error persists. There is simply nothing else I can do.
OK, alright - I see 3 distinctly different issues, now. :idea:

Which one were you referring to? :scratch
Kuklapolitan
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:00 am

TrustFire: I am NOT referring to anything pertaining to the use of 6.3 as opposed to 6.5.4. That is a completely separate issue and I did not ask about that in my original post. I mentioned it as a point of reference only to let everyone know which version I am using and why I am not using 6.5.4. I had hoped to avoid the "easy" answer as in...."download to 6.5.4 and all your issues and worries will be resolved!" MW 6.54 is NOT an option for me.

I am referring to the problems listed in my original post, however, I have learned one thing in the interim and that is that I misspoke when I referred to MW as "downloading" into Outlook or any other email program! MW does not actually download the emails into anything.

Having said that, however, I am still left with the fact that MailWasher retains the emails I have just "processed" through it and downloaded from my server. It never did that in the over ten years I've used it. I have always opened MW... watched as the emails populated the window, selected items for bouncing and deletion and then would then click on "Process Mail." That would automatically open Outlook Express and the selected emails would be available to me in that program since OE received emails as soon as it was opened. If I kept the MW window open... I would be able to see the arrival of newer emails only... not those I just "processed." Those emails would have disappeared since I had just processed them. The same thing would occur if I closed the MW window and re-opened it... only the new emails I hadn't "processed" would appear. Now, every time I open MW, I see every email I have never had to physically delete processed emails before and now I must or they keep re-appearing as though I haven't done anything with them as yet! That is THE problem.

Outlook is a totally overwhelming email program...OE was not and, therefore, was much simpler to use and configure. I cannot be certain from where my problems are originating...MW, Outlook or a combination of the two. Not having experienced problems before this time, I cannot be certain of anything... and most especially not since the "index limit" error I received while trying to configure 6.54 in this new O/S. That experience has made me unsure of MW and I cannot not rule out the possibility of configuration errors in either program. I need to ensure that at least one is configured and working properly.

I am hoping I haven't clouded the issue or made it more difficult to understand. My habit is, perhaps, to over-inform than under...I have found that not giving enough information is much worse than giving too much.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Kuklapolitan wrote:TrustFire: I am NOT referring to anything pertaining to the use of 6.3 as opposed to 6.5.4.
Well, neither am I referring to the 6.5.4 :no

Kuklapolitan wrote:I am hoping I haven't clouded the issue or made it more difficult to understand. My habit is, perhaps, to over-inform than under...I have found that not giving enough information is much worse than giving too much.
Yes, I have not yet understood the problem — suggest trying to express your problem in one or two sentences (extra information is not required.) :facepalm

Return to “Troubleshooting and Help for MailWasher 5 and 6”