Instructions to install AND USE the mobile app wanted

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Phil_A
Travelling Tuatara

Instructions to install AND USE the mobile app wanted

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:51 am

I'm no noob but have dismally failed to get anywhere. I have read the instructions that appear on the app, and read the confusing notes in the "MailWasher Mobile 2.0.0.beta 4 (Updated) " announcement above.

In tha app (on Android) it says Create Account. Then email address: Which one, I have many?? Then Maillwasher username: What's that, I don't have one? and Password: I suppose thats supposed to be a new one, or is it the one corresponding to the email address?

So I gave up on that and went to the desktop version to Settings>Sync which has 1) Account: This says I am logged in (to what?) with one of my email addresses. How did that happen? 2) Mobile: Has a list of my MWP email accounts. I select the 1st one and click SYNC, and apparenly something worked as a green tick appears - but what?

Then I went back to the app CREATE screen and entered the credentials for the email that MWP said is logged in (as in 1 above), plus a new made-up username. This appeared to get me in somewhere as I got "No email",and 2 tabs, START and WASH. I choose START and got told "No email accounts exist. Do I have to create all of them on the app? I thought "Sync" would transfer them from MWP for me.

Can you give step by step instructions assuming I have MWP running with several accounts?

Thanks

Phil
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Instructions to install AND USE the mobile app wanted

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 am

Setting up the requested "account" is your unique account at Firetrut for use with MWM & MWP.
After you create the account you use it to log in in to both MWM and the Sync function in MWP.
With both devices logged in then you select "Mobile" in MWP, check all the Email account tick boxes plus the Friends list and Black list.
Then hit the "Sync" button. You will get a confirmation that each has been completed.
You are then good to go with MWM.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Instructions to install AND USE the mobile app wanted

Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:18 am

We were always aware that there might be some confusion between a persons email accounts and having to setup a Mailwasher account (to login/access your email accounts in MW Mobile).

Also have a look at http://www.firetrust.com/products/mailw ... obile-help

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”