Gmail and ipad - Not working !!!

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
CharlesN
Student Sheep

Gmail and ipad - Not working !!!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:14 am

Hi,

I have finally entered all my email accounys into my PC and MWP (7.4).

This morning i got the MWM version 2 ... Since then ..... Disaster after disaster.

I can only sync some of the email addresses from MWP to MWM .. None of the gmail ones wil sync across.

All the deleted emails are going into trash .. And staying there .. I want them to get lost as they did before.

I am NOT a happy lad today ... i ve struggled to get the gmail accounts nto my ipad . i failed on them all and it was a nightmare to get them into my PC.

I usually use a mac but as yet there is no version for the mac . ill keep on hoping.

Any ideas or help please.

Regards,

Charles.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Gmail and ipad - Not working !!!

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:27 am

You'll need this later version of MW Pro to sync IMAP email accounts
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 112014.exe

The trashed emails will be limited to 100 and they'll drop out as more get added.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:29 am

You can use http://mailwasher.firetrust.com/ on a Mac in your web browser, it is what the apps use 😄
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

Are you sure that GMail isn't rejecting the attempts as though it is an out sider. They typically send an email seeking authorization to allow. There is a time limit to respond.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
CharlesN
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:54 am

nick.bolton wrote:You'll need this later version of MW Pro to sync IMAP email accounts

The trashed emails will be limited to 100 and they'll drop out as more get added.
Thanks for that.

I downloaded, Removed old version and installed 7.4.1.

Unfortunately when I did th sync to get my gmail accounts to my ipad ...... They didnt go across .. they are all ticked in the MWP version .. I logged out on my ipad fully and back in again ... they didnt apear.

Im really not aving much luck today. I have had MWP for many years .. First time i have had these sort of problems.
CharlesN
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:56 am

Sidewinder wrote:Are you sure that GMail isn't rejecting the attempts as though it is an out sider. They typically send an email seeking authorization to allow. There is a time limit to respond.

They are working on my PC ... Just cant get thm over to my iPad.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 am

CharlesN wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:Are you sure that GMail isn't rejecting the attempts as though it is an out sider. They typically send an email seeking authorization to allow. There is a time limit to respond.

They are working on my PC ... Just cant get thm over to my iPad.

Different device, just as though I tried to access your accounts from my device.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:05 am

CharlesN wrote:
nick.bolton wrote:You'll need this later version of MW Pro to sync IMAP email accounts

Thanks for that.

I downloaded, Removed old version and installed 7.4.1.

Unfortunately when I did th sync to get my gmail accounts to my ipad ...... They didnt go across .. they are all ticked in the MWP version .. I logged out on my ipad fully and back in again ... they didnt apear.

Im really not aving much luck today. I have had MWP for many years .. First time i have had these sort of problems.
Did you use the same login credentials in the PC sync and your iPad?
Are you using the V2 account log in on the PC?
Do you have the latest V2 on the iPad?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 am

Yes I suspect in MailWasher Pro>>Settings>>Sync, you're logged in for version 1.4. Logout then login again and select 'Version 2.0' with the same credentials as your iPad.
CharlesN
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:15 am

nick.bolton wrote:Yes I suspect in MailWasher Pro>>Settings>>Sync, you're logged in for version 1.4. Logout then login again and select 'Version 2.0' with the same credentials as your iPad.

I have done that ... I have been syncing with V2 on my PC and on my iPad its he new Ver 2 that i downloaded as an update today from the Apple store.

Something somewhere is just failing all the time

Only problem is i cant find out whats the fail point.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:20 am

There's no emails from Google in your Gmail inbox asking you to verify the device the account is being accessed from?
CharlesN
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:26 am

nick.bolton wrote:There's no emails from Google in your Gmail inbox asking you to verify the device the account is being accessed from?

No None and they are working on my PC
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:44 am

If you go to https://www.google.com/settings/security then down to Recent Activity, is there anything being blocked there?

What about giving it explicit permission via this https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”