How to set up MW mobile on a second device?

MailWasher Mobile for IOS (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), Android devices and Windows Phone 8.
Fuerte Cases
Rattled Rabbit

How to set up MW mobile on a second device?

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:12 am

Do I need to create another user to set up MW mobile on a second device somehow? I Have one set up and working just fine. When trying to set it up on a second device, the ap will not allow registration because user already exists. Can anyone help on how to make that happen? Thanks!
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: How to set up MW mobile on a second device?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:18 am

I believe if you use an alternate UID/PW (Remember it so that you can change in MWP for Sync) you should be able to set it up and the use the Sync function in MWP to set up the accounts and you should be good to go. Just remember you are responsible for keeping track what you have done and where.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:09 am

If you're just trying to get the same email accounts etc on the 2nd device, just signin to that device with your current Firetrst Login (email address and password).

If you want to put a different set of email accounts on your second device, then you'll need to create a new Firetrust Login, and sync with that.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:46 am

Also make sure you have the latest release installed on all devices.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
mrbeanpa
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 am

Maybe I'm missing something?

I have MWP on 3 machines and have setup firetrust logins on 2 of them so that I can sync different mail accounts dependant on the login. One machine using one 'Firetrust login' is set to synch 3 accounts, the other machine using a different 'firetrust login' is set to sync just one account. I have loaded MWM onto 2 separate android phones, one is logged in using one Firetrust login and shows 4 mail accounts, the other is logged in with the other firetrust account and also shows 4 mail accounts.

DId I get it wrong?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:18 am

Hi, If you setup different Firetrust Logins for each and sync'd the separate email accounts on each then they should only show the emails from each Firetrust Login. Can you, on each phone check that you are indeed logged in with different Firetrust Logins - just click on the top left corner (the 3 lines) and at the bottom you'll see - Logout (email address)
mrbeanpa
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 am

Already done and confirmed - both are showing different logins :-S
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 am

What happens if you delete, say 3 of the email accounts on one of the devices. Do the accounts also disappear on the other device? (you may need to logout/login to see)
mrbeanpa
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

Alas, nothing seems to happen. I tried that earlier, all 4 mail accounts remain on the mobiles, even after logging out and back in after having re-synched MWP. Is it worth me sending you any account details?
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am

If you can just Private Message me the email addresses you used for each Firetrust Login that will be helpful.

Return to “Mobile for IOS/Android/Windows Phone 8”