HideAway slows down computer and internet speeds.

beebop38
It begins with a single step

HideAway slows down computer and internet speeds.

Sun May 24, 2015 7:59 am

I found that HA slowed down my computer especially the internet. Since I have Verizon FIOS I have 75 MB download speed. I removed HA and the speed returned. Hopefully there is an update that will fix the problem.
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Re: HideAway slows down computer and internet speeds.

Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 am

I guess they don't have unlimited bandwidth on their servers, I have 78MB so have only setup specific apps and websites to go via hideaway so that I get the best speed for the majority of the Internet.
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: HideAway slows down computer and internet speeds.

Sun May 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi and thanks for the feedback. We have identified a couple of bottlenecks so we're working on them. Just be aware that when things are being encrypted, you can expect slower speeds since its computationally expensive to do so. Most people who see speed increases are on slower internet. Also, depending on which server you selected, it might be further away from you than the server being tested against. These speed test sites will select a server close to you to determine your speed, but if the server you're connected to via HideAway is across the other side of the country then the speed test will be from your place to a server close to Hideaways server. These are just a couple of factors which affect speed.

Return to “HideAway”