Have two licences and different rules on each

ChrisR
Mystified Moa

Have two licences and different rules on each

Sat May 30, 2015 7:08 am

Hi

I have just bought a two machine license for HideAway (I have had MailWasher since 2004). I now live in Uruguay and have all my programme requirements in the UK.

The first license I downloaded had two pre-set rules: BBC iPlayer and Netflix and they work great. I needed ITV Player so I typed in *itv.com/itvplayer and though I got the ITV Player screen as per my British TV Anywhere set-up the actual programme came up with the "This content can only be played in the UK, etc".

My second license did not come with any pre-set rules that I could use. So I tried *bbc.co.uk/iplayer and the itv as above and neither worked.

I cannot see how the first license pre-set rules are configured (so I could copy them) as the are locked.

What am I doing wrong? :help

Both machines are tower Windows 7.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Have two licences and different rules on each

Sat May 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Any installation, licensed or not should see the preset rules. So when you click Add New Rule, do no presets load for you on the 2nd machine ?

There's also an ITV preset rule, so try that and see if that works.
ChrisR
Mystified Moa

Sat May 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

"do no presets load for you on the 2nd machine ?" No, none at all.

I tried a new rule for BBC with the leading * but although it loads the splash page and then the selected programme page the content is denied due to being out of country.

"There's also an ITV preset rule, so try that and see if that works." No, there is no ITV rule on either machine.

On the first machine there is a load of American video presets of which I use Netflix and that works great. In TV there is BBC and comedy central, whatever that is. I use the preset BBC and that also works great) nothing else.

My own attempt at new rules for ITV rejects the content. I need to play the following channels on both machines: Netflix (my new rule does not work on No 2 MC); BBCiPlayer; ITV itvPlayer; Channel 4 On Demand; Channel 5 Demand5.

Both machines are at level 1.2.0. Do I have to update them myself or is it automatic on loading?
ChrisR
Mystified Moa

Sun May 31, 2015 12:18 am

Hi, again!

Good news and bad news.

GOOD NEWS:
"do no presets load for you on the 2nd machine ?" [No, none at all.] YES, there are! My wife's TV is a four year old LG LED and I didn't realise that the new rules box had a slider on the RHS: it's pale grey on white. I only found it when I realised that the frame on the new rules display was not framed off. It would be really helpful is the slider was somewhat darker. And yes, the same rules appear on the first machine.

"There's also an ITV preset rule, so try that and see if that works." [No, there is no ITV rule on either machine.] YES, there is an ITV rule, I chose the LO1 server and saved the rule on both machines.

The BBC rule now works on the 2nd machine, GREAT!

BAD NEWS
Both of us, with great expectation, ran through the ITV sign in, postcode entry, etc, only to see the pink pig tail (loading programme) disappear and the "country content" reject us! So still NO ITV on both machines!

WHERE WE ARE NOW
We still need ITV itvPlayer on both machines and instructions that work for Channel 4 On Demand and Channel 5 Demand5, please.

Sorry for the confusion!

Chris
frankst237
Student Sheep

Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:15 am

Chris, I had the I TV player problem as well here in France. The rule included in Hideaway points to itv.co.UK (I think - the standard rules are not accessible by us end users to verify but the clue is in the description of the standard rule: "Watch TV and movies at itv.co.uk") but the website is actually itv.com. I set up a custom rule with *itv.com routed through London and it works. You still have to sign in to ITV player to watch AND the adverts are still there but it does work.

Check the websites for anything else you want and set up custom rules to align with the actual website because the standard Hideaway rules May be a bit wrong at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Frank
ChrisR
Mystified Moa

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:59 am

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the tip: I went dashing in to the wife's TV lounge, modified the rule, got straight into the splash page for itvPlayer, had to sign in "video available to play" came up which did not happen before, then the dreaded "unavailable to play, etc".

Damn! :(

But thanks anyway!

Chris
frankst237
Student Sheep

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:19 am

Hi again Chris,

I have Windows 8.1 running and I use Chrome as a browser. Originally I used the standard built in rule for Chrome to re-route ALL my traffic through the UK but this seemed to clash with the standard rule for iPlayer (I hadn't tried ITV Player at that time).

The rules I now have running are the standard Hideaway rule for iPlayer (presumably re-directing through the UK), a custom rule for my bank (again, re-directing through the UK) and a custom rule for ITV with *itv.com as the Domain (not the application) being re-directed through London. I have NOT re-routed ALL my traffic through London as it isn't necessary for what I do - the other websites such as BBC News etc work fine with the French IP address and no re-direction.This works OK.

Have you re-directed the application in error rather than the domain in the custom rule? Have you used the standard built in rule for Chrome (or Internet Explorer) because this gave me problems.

Hope something here helps.

Added another thought 14 hours later - have you got the latest version of Hideaway installed which was released last week? This did make a difference for me by introducing a 'hierarchy' for rules.

Frank
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Try adding this domain, which seems to be part of the content delivery network

*edgefcs.net

That seems to get me up and running. I'm not sure right now what the default rule is.

Return to “HideAway”