Please help setting up a custom rule

argosmedia
Student Sheep

Please help setting up a custom rule

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:22 pm

I notice some software doesn't work with HA, and I tried setting up custome rules to get them working again. I failed. I looked around for online help, but to my surprise I didn't find any. Showing screenshots of setting up a custom rule like http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15444 without explanation is not really helpful :roll:
So I guess I have to ask for help here.

For example Dreamweaver FTP doesn't connect to my server when HA is enabled. I tried adding a custom rule but whatever I try, the connection is still refused. What should I do to let Dreamweaver FTP to my server while HA is on?

Another example: I cannot connect to Plesk admin panel. Normally I connect by going to an adddress like https://123.123.123.123:8443 (which leads to https://123.123.123.123:8443/login_up.php3) Same question: how can I connect to Plesk with HA enabled?

Or did I miss some support info on how to do this kind of stuff? If so, please let me know where to find this kind of info.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Please help setting up a custom rule

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:32 pm

OK, try creating a rule that excludes these things from being filtered.

Go into My Rules >> Add New Rule >> Create New Rule >> click Advanced >> give the rule a name, like Exclusion and a brief note in the Description >> then click the Spanner icon to edit the rule >> under Action select Exclude >> in the Process field enter dreamweaver.exe >> click Save Filter >> then click the Plus icon to add another rule and setup another Exclude >> this time though in the IP address field enter 123.123.123.123 in both IP address fields >> Save Filter >> Save Rule.

Now I am assuming here that Dreamweaver FTP is actually running as dreamweaver.exe, you can check this yourself either through your Task Manager >> Processes >> or go into HideAway >> Traffic >> and trigger an FTP connection >> you should then see it appear in the Traffic screen listing what process it is.

If preferred, create seperate rules for each, though I'd be inclined to have one main Exclusion rule with however many filters within, just to keep it tidier.

Let us know how that goes.
argosmedia
Student Sheep

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. Dreamweaver works fine now, great!
But Plesk is still not working. Adding 8443 to the port fields didn't help either. Any suggestions?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:59 pm

One down :thumbsup

You did enter the IP in both fields right ?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (36.59 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
argosmedia
Student Sheep

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:24 am

Yep, exactly as the picture (except for my server's IP of course).
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:39 am

argosmedia wrote:Yep, exactly as the picture (except for my server's IP of course).
Can you PM me the IP address, unless it's a local loopback IP. Will see if I can reproduce.

Return to “HideAway”