How to avoid deleting mails....

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

How to avoid deleting mails....

Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:30 am

My accounts are set up as POP3-accounts. When I control the mails on my PC they disappear from the server. What can I do/have to do so that I can read them later on my Tablet?
K.r.
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: How to avoid deleting mails....

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 am

What programme do you use to read your email on your PC? That will help us give you step by step instructions.

Or if you want to have a go yourself, have a look in your PC email programme's Settings/Options for a Leave mail on server type option, and check/uncheck it as appropriate.
Windows 10
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:39 am

Thank you ataraxy! It was no good idea. I have tried it already. MW thinks that mails left behind are new ones so I don´t get rid of them in MW. More suggestions?
K.r.
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:29 pm

If you want to set things up so that you can read your email on both your PC and your tablet, but not have them appear in MailWasher then you're going to have to move to IMAP.
Windows 10
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Thank you, ataraxy! I was afraid that I had to do so :(
K.r.
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi again!
Now I have changed one of my accounts till IMAP for testing. But I don´t get the result I want to. What I want is the following:
1) MW will tell me that I have a mail on the server.
2) If I accept it and click Wash mail, MW will shut down, my mail Client Windows Live Mail will open, and let me take home the mail in question. But the mail willl still remain on the server so that I can read it later on my other devices.
3) Next time I open MW and click Control mail this actual mail willl not appear in MW again.
I hope that this was understandable so that anybody can give me an advice.
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:06 pm

You haven't said what is happening at the moment, so I'm taking a guess. :)

You need to change to IMAP in Windows Live Mail, and any other clients, as well as MailWasher.

Once you've read the mail in Windows Live Mail, or in one of the other clients, MailWasher won't download the mail again - see Settings - Accounts (select the account) - Incoming tab - make sure that Download read emails is unchecked.

You may be able to get away using POP3 on some clients, but in that case, until you read an email in a client that uses IMAP, MailWasher will keep downloading it.
Windows 10
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:06 am

You need to change to IMAP in Windows Live Mail, and any other clients, as well as MailWasher.
Done!
make sure that Download read emails is unchecked.
Done!

I don´t fix it. I give up. Or ?
I send a mail from a POP3 account to my new IMAP account. I open MW and click on Check Mail. I can see that the gearwheel at the bottom is working and I can read "Found 1 message (of totaly 1)". After a while the animation disappears and MW is empty. I change to my emailclient and the mail is already there, but marked for fetching. :help
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:10 am

It sounds like Windows Live Mail has marked the message as read.

What happens if you mark it as unread in Windows Live Mail, and then check in MailWasher again?

If that fixes the problem, you would need to find out why Windows Live Mail is marking the messages as read automatically. I don't use Windows Live Mail, so if it is going to do things like that, it's getting pretty difficult to help. You may be better going to Firetrust Support: http://support.firetrust.com/
Windows 10
hans peter
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:26 am

Hi ataraxy!
What happens if you mark it as unread in Windows Live Mail, and then check in MailWasher again?
The result is the same as above. I´ll try with http://support.firetrust.com/.
Thanks for the chat.
K.r.
/hans peter
MW Pro 7.12.188
Win11

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”