Hideaway update won't install

SeaCay
Student Sheep

Hideaway update won't install

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:50 pm

I am using a version of Hideaway that tells me an update is available and that I should install it.
(I can't find the current version anywhere but the new version is 130)
I downloaded the update and started the installation. The installation asks for UAC authorization and immediately posts a dialog box saying "Hideaway is already installed".
The dialog box only has one button and that is "Ok". On clicking the button the installation ceases with no explanation.
Next I try exiting from the running Hideaway and restarting the update but I get the same result.

Please advise what is going on?

regards

SeaCay
Elektra
Active Albatross

Re: Hideaway update won't install

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:03 pm

As stated in the sticky post "Latest version of Hideaway", you MUST uninstall the previous version first. Your rules are in the cloud so they will not be lost.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Yeah sorry, older versions currently require an uninstall. We will fix up the installer so it does these updates much more gracefully, just an issue of finding the time.
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for the replies.
So here's my big concern about uninstalling: If I uninstall then install the updated version, Do I lose my registration codes and need to re-input them. And if so does this update a registration counter somewhere?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:20 pm

SeaCay wrote:Thanks for the replies.
So here's my big concern about uninstalling: If I uninstall then install the updated version, Do I lose my registration codes and need to re-input them. And if so does this update a registration counter somewhere?
Nope, the registration information is tied to your logon. So all you need to do after installing new version is logon again.
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 pm

So I uninstalled the current version and re-installed the new version.
The new version asked for my registration code. I entered it and HideAway responded with "License key in use".
Clicking the activate button had no effect.
I think I previously mentioned I was concerned about losing registration keys and it happened.
How does this get fixed now?
Please note that I am not happy about this situation.
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:37 pm

I would really appreciate some response and assistance on this issue.

regards

SeaCay
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi there

Once logged into HideAway, click on your email address top right, can you select the Master profile ?
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:28 pm

On clicking my account I get a small drop down with Logout as the only options.
Please refer attached jpeg.

regards

SeaCay
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Ah, I can see another logon for the kemputer email domain rather than the optus, that has a license and rules, possible you've just logged in with different account ?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:33 pm

I deleted the image as well as that showed your email address, just to keep your details more private.
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

Changing email accounts fixed the issue.
Many thanks.
regards
SeaCay
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

SeaCay wrote:Changing email accounts fixed the issue.
Many thanks.
regards
SeaCay
Great :thumbsup
SeaCay
Student Sheep

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Of course my question now is, that although I have three licences and could give all my machines a unique licence, what would happen if I logged in as the same email address on all my systems? Would I be granted access/usage on all machines or would I get a reject notice on all but the first system, saying that the licence was already active?
If I could use HideAway with the same login details on many machines, it would really negate having multiple licences.

regards

SeaCay
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

It's a concurrent license that ties to the profile. From what I saw you only have the one profile right now, so that may not make much sense, but under your main logon you have a subset of profiles, each can have different rules and uses it's own license.
License: Each license key allows a single user to use HideAway on one computer, but the license is concurrent*.

*Concurrency means you can use HideAway on multiple computers, but when you use your license on a 2nd computer, HideAway will pause functioning on your 1st computer. If you wish to use HideAway on more than one computer at the same time, then you will need to purchase additional licenses.
So setting up on another machine would lock out the currently logged in machine until you created another profile to use with another license.

Or, if you were only ever going to use HA on one machine at a time, then one license to use is fine.

Return to “HideAway”