Netflix USA proxy blocked

nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Re: Netflix USA proxy blocked

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks! We've still got lots of improvements to come to MW, lots of people find it pretty handy alright.

Hideaway should not be leaking your IP address through DNS like this, it didn't used to so we're trying to figure out what's changed/gone wrong. Once we get that sorted out it should go back to working normally.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Can you try this again now, but enable the DNS Leak Test rule. Did that work this time? How about Netflix?
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:56 pm

>> Can you try this again now, but enable the DNS Leak Test rule. Did that work this time? How about Netflix?

I missed this post. What do you mean "DNS Leak Test rule?" I searched HideAway for such a rule but did not find one Please explain.
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:08 pm

I take back rule check. I checked again and found DNS rule to block port 53. I invoked rule. Did not work I changed the priority by putting it at the top still no help. Still being blocked. Quit HideAway and restarted it still no help.

Is there any way I can try HideAway on my other computer without buying it again.
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:29 pm

msgray wrote:Is there any way I can try HideAway on my other computer without buying it again.
Yes, just install HideAway on the other computer and log in with your existing userid. HideAway will stop working on the first computer while you are using it on the second. See http://www.firetrust.com/products/hidea ... y-licensed for details.
Windows 10
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Thanks Ataraxy, yes this is correct. Just give it a try on another computer and sign in with your credentials. Odd it's not working for you like this. We're expecting to have an early beta of version 2 of Hideaway next week - it will be pretty basic to begin with but interesting to see if it will work as we've changed so much with it.
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Will problems ever cease. Put HideAway set up 1101.exe on USB stick. Clicked for install, Norton Antivirus threw a fit and removed it from my stick and named it a threat as WS.Reputation.1 Fewer than 50 Norton users released 9 mo. ago. I checked Google it seems it is Norton's "wisdom of crowds algorithm" Don't have time this weekend to try to beat this problem. Have a good one.

Morris
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:21 pm

We're actually up to version 1.40i.exe so I'd download the later version as it would have more user stats. Pretty frustrating with Norton there, and might be related to our low level driver although it's pretty commonly used in other software, but in saying that the new version uses a different driver
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:31 am

Hi Nick,

I installed 1.40i.exe on my original computer with exactly the same results, continued proxy blocking. I shut HideAway down on that computer then I installed the same new version on my alternate computer, got past Norton OK. When installed it asked for my credentials, logged in OK but it rejected my license key saying it had been used before and gave me 26 minutes as a trial version. I had an important phone call interruption so used up much of the 26 minutes. However was able to get logged on to NetFlix OK for a few minutes but probably not long enough to verify that whether or not proxy blocking would occur. However it seemed stable enough to be encouraging before the time ran out. I did not name the computer as the Master but added it as a new name since to original computer was named Master and I understand you can have it on two computers but cannot use them concurrently

To tell the truth it's pretty frustrating being locked out of a piece of software I'm trying to evaluate for the owners. Tell me what to do in exact detail what, if anything, I did wrong and how to get past the 26 minute trial so I can find out if the new version will work on another computer. And should it work I won't be abandoned in trying to get the original computer working since the alternative computer is not mine but belongs to a company. I think it's important to solve this before it starts happening to other users.

Regards,
Morris
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:48 am

Nick,

Do you know of HijackThis software? I just downloaded it and generated a log file of my computer. I can send it to you if you know how to read it and it would be of any help to see if I have anything running that could account for the DNS leak. I'd prefer to send it via email to you and not post it here. What do you think?

Morris
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Morris,

Actually you can just switch to the Master profile on the other computer, then switch it back on the existing computer when you use it again. The trial actually switches on for 30 minutes, then off for 5 minutes and it does this continuously, so you'll always have the 30 minutes with 5 minute breaks. So feel free to try it again with the trial, or your master profile. Good to know you found it confusing - which means we need to work on our messaging better.

You could send me the hijackthis log to nick.bolton@firetrust.com
Thanks!
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi Nick,

I'm going to the doctor to get some Valium. I jut wrote you a long message, the forum timed out and when I logged back in the message had been deleted.

In short the new HideAway did not work on the new computer either, still getting proxy blocking error. If I see that god damn message once more I'm going to scream.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I jut wrote you a long message, the forum timed out and when I logged back in the message had been deleted.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I currently have the setting for this set to 2 hours (just the default value), but will disable the option entirely.
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:07 pm

Yes sorry about the timeout. One thing you could try - could you try redirecting your entire PC to Los Angeles using that rule for this. Did that fix things? Just trying to set a base line for where things are going wrong. Also, happy to do a remote session to see what's going on as well.
msgray
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 am

I had already had it set to redirect all traffic through Tampa. But took your advice and did LA with the same results no luck. As expected dnsleaktest first shows Hello from LA but buttons reveal Bigpond servers. If you think a remote session would help OK. We are only a couple of hours difference so let's arrange it.

Return to “HideAway”